October 19, 2011

Wire Pull-Outs for Kitchen Organization

October is Kitchen Organizing month at Organized Artistry's Facebook Page. Every Friday I post a tip based on the monthly theme. My first tip was...

"Got deep cabinets? Make your kitchen items easier to see, access, and organize by installing pull-out drawers. No more surprises in the back of your cabinets! (This comes from personal experience--I love my wire pull-outs!)"

I really believe that up there with the label maker, pull-out drawers for cabinets are one of the greatest inventions designed for getting and staying organized.

Here's how I came to love my pull-out drawers...

Our kitchen was built in the 1950's. It's about 10'x10' and didn't have much cabinets and countertop area. Hubby and I had a piece designed by Home Depot that doubled our counter and cabinet space--hooray! In configuring the cabinets to hold our kitchen items, I realized that the bottom shelves of these cabinet were going to be a challenge to access. I didn't want to waste that valuable new space. But how was I going to make the most of it?

I decided to look in my local Home Depot and there they were--wire pull out drawers. I knew they would do the job--and they were the perfect size, too! I brought them home and installed them myself in a few hours with the help of a pencil and an electric screwdriver.

I use one pull-out drawer for frying pans...


And one for storage containers...



Why are pull out drawers so great?

• They increase your storage space
• No getting on your hands and knees to look for what you need
• Never lose items in the back of your cabinets again

Hubby and I have talked about redoing our kitchen one day. Mark my word--if that ever happens, there's going to be a large amount of money in the budget for pull-out drawers!

No comments: