April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Thank You Notes

Did you watch the Royal Wedding? The bride was breathtaking, the ceremony was majestic and the whole country (and the world) celebrated.

In reading a bit about the day, I learned that there would be 650 people attending the reception. I almost fell out of my chair! How many thank you notes is this new Princess going to have to write? Did she have a bridal shower, too? (Can't you just see the Queen and Camilla playing Bridal Bingo?)

If I knew where to mail it, I'd send her a copy of my quick-reference guide: 7 Steps to an Organized Wedding Thank You Note. If anyone needs it--it's her! Then I thought--not only do I not know their address, I have no idea what their last name is. William goes by 'William Prince of Wales.' What is Kate's new last name?

Well--it seems as if the Royal family doesn't use last names. But, according to an article in the Huffington Post, in the case of marriage, William's last name is Mountbatten-Windsor and that will be Kate's, too when they are not going by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

So since I am unable to mail her a copy of my book, I'll offer some wedding thank you note organizing tips in the hopes that Kate will one day be surfing the web for thank you note writing ideas and happen upon this blog of a commoner.

OK, Kate. Read carefully...

• Create a Royal Spreadsheet for tracking gifts. Remember to include a column for writing the date your thank you note was put in the mail.

• Use Royal Scrap Paper to jot down ideas before writing your thank you note message. This will save you from making mistakes on your very expensive note cards

• Pace yourself. Write 3-5 thank you notes a day and then meet William at the pub.

• Get William involved. Send him to the post office for 'Love' stamps after work. Have him lick the envelopes at the pub. Once the media finds out, every British bride will be after their husbands to be just like yours.

I wish you the best of luck. If you need me, I'll take a break from polishing my tiara...

No comments: