December 24, 2010

Wall Street Journal Covers Gift Wrap Organization

Remember back in the 1980's when it was revealed that Candy Spelling, wife of the multi-millionaire Aaron Spelling had a gift-wrapping room in her home? I personally couldn't believe it but then again, I grew up in an apartment--who has room for a gift-wrapping station, let alone a room?

Growing up we had a gift-wrapping 'box.' It was a sweater box from the GAP and inside we had some wrapping paper, bows, tape, scissors and a few other decorative doo-dahs for wrapping presents. After reading about Mrs. Spelling, my mother said, "Well, it seems fitting that a large house has a gift wrapping room while an apartment has a gift wrapping box."

At a time when people are engaging in gift wrapping as a winter sport, the Wall Street Journal has run an article on Gift Wrapping Rooms and their new popularity.

Curious? Read "More Homes Making Room for Wrapping."

My gift wrap storage system is larger than a GAP box now but not quite the size of a room (it's housed in a small closet with the gas meter in my basement). Maybe someday I'll have a gift wrapping room. A Professional Organizer can dream, can't she?

No comments: