December 30, 2010

Holiday Storage

I once had a client who kept her artificial Christmas tree in a ratty cardboard box. She said to me, "Every year I take it out of the box and hope it (the box) survives another year. I just don't know how else to store it."

I also had a client who stored her tree ornaments between towels in a laundry basket.

To both of them, I recommended holiday storage solutions.

Why use holiday storage?
• It protects your holiday decorations from dirt/bugs/small creatures
• It holds the shape of holiday items such as trees and wreaths
• It helps to organize decorative items

Now is the perfect time to purchase holiday storage--before the tree and all of its trimmings get put away. Here are a few options at different price points that can assist in making next year's holidays less stressful and more joyous.

From inexpensive to high-end:

Christmas Tree Shop (or any similar discount store)
I saw an ornament organizer for less than $5 last time I was there.

The Container Store
Wing-Lid Ornament and Light Storage Boxes $14.99-19.99

Lillian Vernon
Wreath Storage Bag $14.98

Brookstone:
Tree Duffel $69.95

The Cover Store
Rolling Tree Storage Bag (up to 15') $149.99

If anyone knows of menorah storage solutions, I'd be interested in seeing those...

No comments: